Masthead header

Blueberry Muffins (Pamela’s)

My house smells amazing!  I love cooking with real vanilla because it just adds that special something to the food, you know? Anyway! Today I was able to bake some blueberry muffins REAL quick. This is the recipe I use when I need them fast, and want some delicious muffins.

I will say that sometimes (or a lot) I bake with Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake Mix. It is a life saver no doubt, and can make a TON of things. In fact, I will be cooking with it a lot and sharing those recipes. The texture, taste and convenience of this product just rocks my world. We buy the 25lb bag of it and food saver the rest of what we dont use. It takes us about 4-5 months to go through 25lbs. (My husband LOVES his pancakes and waffles!) I do have recipes from scratch with regular flours that I have used, but like I said, these took me 7 minutes to put all the ingredients together, 25 minutes to bake and BAM- delicious blueberry muffins. In fact, I took a bunch of pictures, so you can stare at the blueberry goodness and maybe if you try hard enough you can smell them through the computer screen.

*I must warn you all that I get a little goofy at times, just ignore my nerdyness..thanks!*

On to the recipe. Now this recipe obviously is Gluten Free. However just by making a few adjustments it can be dairy free too.

Blueberry Muffin (Pamela’s) Recipe:

- 1 & 3/4 cup Pamela’s Pancake Mix
-1/4 cup coconut oil melted (or you can use butter)
-1/2 cup + 2 TBS so delicious coconut milk  (or almond milk, or regular milk)
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp. vanilla
-3/4 cup blueberries

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350º. Mix all ingredients together except blueberries. Gently pour and fold in the blueberries so you dont turn your batter purple. Spray muffin tin with pam and gently scoop batter into muffin tin. Fill batter almost to the top leaving a little space for rising.

Bake for 22-25 Minutes. Make sure to test with a knife or a toothpick to make sure they are cooked through. Makes about 7-9 muffins depending on how you pour your batter!

*Alternatives*

Add in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Use other kinds of non-dairy milk. Instead of blueberries, substitute with pumpkin, or bananas!

Pin It

Show Hide 34 comments

Andie Miller - February 9, 2011 - 03:26

I never thought about doing coconut and blueberry muffins. They sound completely amazing! We will definitely be trying these!!!!!

Leah F - February 9, 2011 - 03:29

Looks amazing!! And looks like another one I need to try asap!! Where do you buy your glueten free pancake mix??

admin - February 9, 2011 - 04:12

Thanks girls! Leah- I buy it from a local grocer. However, it is available on Amazon. I think its worth every penny.

Melanie - February 9, 2011 - 19:32

Those pictures are beautiful! Reminds me of a lazy saturday morning. Well, a tasty, lazy saturday morning :)

Allie - February 14, 2011 - 05:44

Just found your site! Those look great. Do you get your 25 lb bag at the store? I definitely to upgrade to convenience – so tired of mixing 4-5 flours at a time…

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

admin - February 14, 2011 - 05:50

Hi Allie! Thanks for stopping by :) I buy mine at a local store here in Seattle, however Amazon sells it in bulk for an amazing price! I totally know what you mean about mixing flours. I have many many bags of different flours in my pantry which I do use with some recipes. However, Pamela’s is just so quick and easy, why not, right?

Christy - March 11, 2011 - 20:56

Just thought you should know that you can’t make this dairy free as the mix has buttermilk in it.

admin - March 11, 2011 - 21:05

Thanks Christy! I didnt even know that! Our 25lb bag doesnt list the ingredients on it (at least I didnt see them). That is very good to know! Thanks for stopping by :)

Cathy - May 27, 2011 - 15:55

Thanks for all the variations for Pamela’s muffins. My husband loves my cooking now! Who would have thought that getting a Celiac diagnosis could turn into a good thing! Thanks to Pamela’s products!

Emily - June 19, 2011 - 23:56

Muffins are in the oven as we speak! I live at an overseas AF base so mixes are kind of limited. I use the Maple Grove Farms Pancake & Waffle Mix for most of my baking and it works well! I’ve never used Pamela’s but I know this one is dairy free as well as being gluten free. Thanks for the recipe! Its nice to come across one that doesn’t require several different flours and egg re-placers, etc.

Grace - November 22, 2011 - 07:26

just put these in the oven…looking good so far!

Vegan Bakerista - December 16, 2011 - 04:44

Inspiring! Have you tried to make them vegan? If so, any tips of the best egg replacer? Thanks!

Leah - December 29, 2011 - 19:23

Thanks so much for the recipe. I use Pamela’s mixes for everything. Pancake and regular flour. I love to eat my blueberry muffins with my coffee, but if is hard to eat UDI’s muffins everyday. $7.00/4 muffins is tough. I will be giving this one a try for sure.

Amazon will send you the flour mixes in 3-4lb bags for about $10.00 a bag.

Jessica - January 25, 2012 - 04:34

OMG! No kidding, BEST blueberry muffin I’ve ever had…. and I don’t mean best gluten free blueberry muffin either. I just kicked gluten less than a week ago and was craving something bread-like and stumbled onto this recipe, figured I’d give it a shot. Completely shocked that these are gluten free.
Thanks so much for this fabulous recipe. Only problem is that I want to eat the whole batch!

Melissa - January 26, 2012 - 19:34

Amazon sells pamela’s flour for roughly $10 for the 4lb bag if you get on a schedule. They deliver 3 4lb bags every 3 months for me (at my request) and bill me when the shipment goes out. You can choose whatever schedule and amount you want.

[...] up a bit with raspberries instead of my usual gluten free blueberry muffins. So I used my recipe here and just substituted the raspberries instead. They turned out scrumptious and I love the burst of [...]

Stephanie - February 19, 2012 - 16:49

I followed the recipe exactly, except I used almond milk. But, the muffins didn’t rise at all. They’re dense & hard. I was careful not to over-mix & stopped mixing as soon as everything came together in the middle of the bowl. Anyone else have this experience?

Stephanie - February 21, 2012 - 15:27

OK. After looking at several other recipes, I realized it has to be me, not the recipe. So, I went back to start again & realized I had the WRONG mix!!! I bought Pamela’s BREAD mix, not BAKING mix. :oops: I’m going to try the bread mix as replacement for regular/wheat flour & see what happens with that. Lesson learned: pay attention to specifics!

Aline - February 27, 2012 - 21:33

How long do they need to bake?

Erin - April 28, 2012 - 17:41

FYI: Pamelas pancake mix is not dairy free…difficult to find recipes for dairy free using Pamelas bread mix. BUMMER!!

Nat - May 6, 2012 - 11:30

Nice recipe :) I love blueberry muffins… Such a great snack.
Here’s another recipe you might like.
Thanks for sharing.
Nat

Geovana - July 5, 2012 - 19:02

My 3.5 year old son loved these! We have been trying to find a gluten free recipe that he liked for quite sometime. He really only eats a handful of things, so when we started gluten free, he did not like any of the muffins I baked anymore. But this morning he ate almost two muffins…yeah! Thank you so much!

Ellen - July 13, 2012 - 19:16

How long do you bake these muffins?

Claire - July 15, 2012 - 00:35

These were INCREDIBLE. Seriously amazing. I drizzled some maple syrup on top, and they tasted like blueberry pancakes!! I’m in love.

Amanda Butler - October 23, 2012 - 19:18

Gonna try these this week for a guy at work who has Celiac. Love the new look of the blog BTW!

meire - March 4, 2013 - 05:54

D-e-l-i-ci-o-u-s / perfect…
BEST blueberry muffin I’ve ever had…I agree with Jessica!!!

Ana Rettig - March 29, 2013 - 18:32

These are absolutely amazing!!! I have made them several times and they usually don’t last very long! Thank you so much for this incredible recipe!

Amy - March 19, 2014 - 00:08

By far the BEST gluten free muffin I’ve had! I love Pamela’s pancake mix and glad to have another easy, go-to recipe. Thanks!

[…] and xanthan gum all combined. The next step of the baking adventure was guessing. I adapted the recipe below and the results turned out great! My gluten free friend had only good things to say. […]

Anna - August 15, 2014 - 08:04

Hi. Just came across this after Binging because I bought the mix but didn’t like Pamela’s recipe on the bag. However, she does suggest honey, and you use sugar. Any experience with honey instead of sugar in this recipe?

Thanks! Can’t wait to make this tomorrow night for a special weekend :-)

Anna

[…] Source: glutenfreeconfessions.com […]

michelle - August 18, 2014 - 02:09

I added 1 extra egg and smidgen more of almond milk, yummy muffins.

[…] Blueberry Muffins (Pamela’s) – Confessions of a Gluten Free … – … I bake with Pamela’s Gluten Free … I have many many bags of different flours in my pantry which I do use with some recipes. However, Pamela’s is just so quick and … . and I don’t mean best gluten free blueberry muffin either. I just kicked gluten less than a week ago and was … […]

[…] Blueberry Muffins (Pamela’s) » Confessions of a Gluten Free Mom – I love cooking with real vanilla because it just adds that special something to the food, you know? Now this recipe obviously is Gluten Free. However just by making a few adjustments it can be dairy free too. Thanks to Pamela’s products! Amazon sells pamela’s flour for roughly $10 for the 4lb bag if you get on a schedule. […]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

M o r e   i n f o