Blueberry Muffins (Pamela’s)

February 9, 2011

My house smells amazing!  I love cooking with real vanilla because it just adds that special something to the food, you know? Anyway! Today I was able to bake some blueberry muffins REAL quick. This is the recipe I use when I need them fast, and want some delicious muffins.

I will say that sometimes (or a lot) I bake with Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake Mix. It is a life saver no doubt, and can make a TON of things. In fact, I will be cooking with it a lot and sharing those recipes. The texture, taste and convenience of this product just rocks my world. We buy the 25lb bag of it and food saver the rest of what we dont use. It takes us about 4-5 months to go through 25lbs. (My husband LOVES his pancakes and waffles!) I do have recipes from scratch with regular flours that I have used, but like I said, these took me 7 minutes to put all the ingredients together, 25 minutes to bake and BAM- delicious blueberry muffins. In fact, I took a bunch of pictures, so you can stare at the blueberry goodness and maybe if you try hard enough you can smell them through the computer screen.

*I must warn you all that I get a little goofy at times, just ignore my nerdyness..thanks!*

On to the recipe. Now this recipe obviously is Gluten Free. However just by making a few adjustments it can be dairy free too.

Blueberry Muffin (Pamela’s) Recipe:

– 1 & 3/4 cup Pamela’s Pancake Mix
-1/4 cup coconut oil melted (or you can use butter)
-1/2 cup + 2 TBS so delicious coconut milk  (or almond milk, or regular milk)
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp. vanilla
-3/4 cup blueberries

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350º. Mix all ingredients together except blueberries. Gently pour and fold in the blueberries so you dont turn your batter purple. Spray muffin tin with pam and gently scoop batter into muffin tin. Fill batter almost to the top leaving a little space for rising.

Bake for 22-25 Minutes. Make sure to test with a knife or a toothpick to make sure they are cooked through. Makes about 7-9 muffins depending on how you pour your batter!

*Alternatives*

Add in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Use other kinds of non-dairy milk. Instead of blueberries, substitute with pumpkin, or bananas!

Pin It

You Might Also Like

41 Comments

• Reply Andie Miller February 9, 2011 at 03:26

I never thought about doing coconut and blueberry muffins. They sound completely amazing! We will definitely be trying these!!!!!

• Reply evaluate quotes May 26, 2017 at 18:09

Parce qu’il y a un truc qui s’appelle la nation française qui existe depuis deux mille ans,la République française depuis deux siècles, qui sont composées de citoyens,qualité que l’on hérite, ou que l’on mérite éventuellement.Ce qui fait qu’il y des citoyens français:la France,et des étrangers.Voyez,c’est simple et partout pareil sur terre.Sauf chez les fous,comme jadis l’empire soviétique.

• Reply Leah F February 9, 2011 at 03:29

Looks amazing!! And looks like another one I need to try asap!! Where do you buy your glueten free pancake mix??

• Reply admin February 9, 2011 at 04:12

Thanks girls! Leah- I buy it from a local grocer. However, it is available on Amazon. I think its worth every penny.

• Reply Melanie February 9, 2011 at 19:32

Those pictures are beautiful! Reminds me of a lazy saturday morning. Well, a tasty, lazy saturday morning 🙂

• Reply Allie February 14, 2011 at 05:44

Just found your site! Those look great. Do you get your 25 lb bag at the store? I definitely to upgrade to convenience – so tired of mixing 4-5 flours at a time…

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

• Reply admin February 14, 2011 at 05:50

Hi Allie! Thanks for stopping by 🙂 I buy mine at a local store here in Seattle, however Amazon sells it in bulk for an amazing price! I totally know what you mean about mixing flours. I have many many bags of different flours in my pantry which I do use with some recipes. However, Pamela’s is just so quick and easy, why not, right?

• Reply Christy March 11, 2011 at 20:56

Just thought you should know that you can’t make this dairy free as the mix has buttermilk in it.

• Reply admin March 11, 2011 at 21:05

Thanks Christy! I didnt even know that! Our 25lb bag doesnt list the ingredients on it (at least I didnt see them). That is very good to know! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

• Reply Cathy May 27, 2011 at 15:55

Thanks for all the variations for Pamela’s muffins. My husband loves my cooking now! Who would have thought that getting a Celiac diagnosis could turn into a good thing! Thanks to Pamela’s products!

• Reply Emily June 19, 2011 at 23:56

Muffins are in the oven as we speak! I live at an overseas AF base so mixes are kind of limited. I use the Maple Grove Farms Pancake & Waffle Mix for most of my baking and it works well! I’ve never used Pamela’s but I know this one is dairy free as well as being gluten free. Thanks for the recipe! Its nice to come across one that doesn’t require several different flours and egg re-placers, etc.

• Reply Grace November 22, 2011 at 07:26

just put these in the oven…looking good so far!

• Reply Vegan Bakerista December 16, 2011 at 04:44

Inspiring! Have you tried to make them vegan? If so, any tips of the best egg replacer? Thanks!

• Reply Leah December 29, 2011 at 19:23

Thanks so much for the recipe. I use Pamela’s mixes for everything. Pancake and regular flour. I love to eat my blueberry muffins with my coffee, but if is hard to eat UDI’s muffins everyday. $7.00/4 muffins is tough. I will be giving this one a try for sure.

Amazon will send you the flour mixes in 3-4lb bags for about $10.00 a bag.

• Reply Jessica January 25, 2012 at 04:34

OMG! No kidding, BEST blueberry muffin I’ve ever had…. and I don’t mean best gluten free blueberry muffin either. I just kicked gluten less than a week ago and was craving something bread-like and stumbled onto this recipe, figured I’d give it a shot. Completely shocked that these are gluten free.
    Thanks so much for this fabulous recipe. Only problem is that I want to eat the whole batch!

• Reply Melissa January 26, 2012 at 19:34

Amazon sells pamela’s flour for roughly $10 for the 4lb bag if you get on a schedule. They deliver 3 4lb bags every 3 months for me (at my request) and bill me when the shipment goes out. You can choose whatever schedule and amount you want.

• Reply Raspberry Muffins » Confessions of a Gluten Free Mom February 17, 2012 at 23:41

[…] up a bit with raspberries instead of my usual gluten free blueberry muffins. So I used my recipe here and just substituted the raspberries instead. They turned out scrumptious and I love the burst of […]

• Reply Stephanie February 19, 2012 at 16:49

I followed the recipe exactly, except I used almond milk. But, the muffins didn’t rise at all. They’re dense & hard. I was careful not to over-mix & stopped mixing as soon as everything came together in the middle of the bowl. Anyone else have this experience?

• Reply Stephanie February 21, 2012 at 15:27

OK. After looking at several other recipes, I realized it has to be me, not the recipe. So, I went back to start again & realized I had the WRONG mix!!! I bought Pamela’s BREAD mix, not BAKING mix. 😳 I’m going to try the bread mix as replacement for regular/wheat flour & see what happens with that. Lesson learned: pay attention to specifics!

• Reply Aline February 27, 2012 at 21:33

How long do they need to bake?

• Reply Erin April 28, 2012 at 17:41

FYI: Pamelas pancake mix is not dairy free…difficult to find recipes for dairy free using Pamelas bread mix. BUMMER!!

• Reply Nat May 6, 2012 at 11:30

Nice recipe 🙂 I love blueberry muffins… Such a great snack.
    Here’s another recipe you might like.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nat

• Reply Geovana July 5, 2012 at 19:02

My 3.5 year old son loved these! We have been trying to find a gluten free recipe that he liked for quite sometime. He really only eats a handful of things, so when we started gluten free, he did not like any of the muffins I baked anymore. But this morning he ate almost two muffins…yeah! Thank you so much!

• Reply Ellen July 13, 2012 at 19:16

How long do you bake these muffins?

• Reply Claire July 15, 2012 at 00:35

These were INCREDIBLE. Seriously amazing. I drizzled some maple syrup on top, and they tasted like blueberry pancakes!! I’m in love.

• Reply Amanda Butler October 23, 2012 at 19:18

Gonna try these this week for a guy at work who has Celiac. Love the new look of the blog BTW!

• Reply meire March 4, 2013 at 05:54

D-e-l-i-ci-o-u-s / perfect…
    BEST blueberry muffin I’ve ever had…I agree with Jessica!!!

• Reply Ana Rettig March 29, 2013 at 18:32

These are absolutely amazing!!! I have made them several times and they usually don’t last very long! Thank you so much for this incredible recipe!

• Reply Amy March 19, 2014 at 00:08

By far the BEST gluten free muffin I’ve had! I love Pamela’s pancake mix and glad to have another easy, go-to recipe. Thanks!

• Reply {bakey katey} gluten free raspberry muffins | March 24, 2014 at 21:21

[…] and xanthan gum all combined. The next step of the baking adventure was guessing. I adapted the recipe below and the results turned out great! My gluten free friend had only good things to say. […]

• Reply Anna August 15, 2014 at 08:04

Hi. Just came across this after Binging because I bought the mix but didn’t like Pamela’s recipe on the bag. However, she does suggest honey, and you use sugar. Any experience with honey instead of sugar in this recipe?

Thanks! Can’t wait to make this tomorrow night for a special weekend 🙂

Anna

• Reply 65 Yummy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins Recipes | Daily Healthy Tips August 17, 2014 at 18:39

[…] Source: glutenfreeconfessions.com […]

• Reply michelle August 18, 2014 at 02:09

I added 1 extra egg and smidgen more of almond milk, yummy muffins.

• Reply Pamela’s Bisquick Gluten Free Muffin Recipes | my gluten free diet September 9, 2014 at 23:55

[…] Blueberry Muffins (Pamela’s) – Confessions of a Gluten Free … – … I bake with Pamela’s Gluten Free … I have many many bags of different flours in my pantry which I do use with some recipes. However, Pamela’s is just so quick and … . and I don’t mean best gluten free blueberry muffin either. I just kicked gluten less than a week ago and was … […]

• Reply Amazon Food Pamela’s Products Gluten Free Recipes | my gluten free diet September 15, 2014 at 00:26

[…] Blueberry Muffins (Pamela’s) » Confessions of a Gluten Free Mom – I love cooking with real vanilla because it just adds that special something to the food, you know? Now this recipe obviously is Gluten Free. However just by making a few adjustments it can be dairy free too. Thanks to Pamela’s products! Amazon sells pamela’s flour for roughly $10 for the 4lb bag if you get on a schedule. […]

• Reply Baljinder February 24, 2015 at 08:35

Truly is an amazingly delicious recipe. It was quick and simple to make, even for me as a non-baker. I definitely preferred the taste of these light and fluffy blueberry muffins over any other muffins I have previously had. I’m so glad I tried them. Thank you for posting it.

• Reply Sherrie September 5, 2015 at 18:27

This Pamela’s mix is NOT dairy-free. It contains cultured buttermilk. Can I substitute with another mix?

• Reply Katharine October 25, 2015 at 16:22

My kiddos and husband loved these! Daughter took them to school to pass out on her 10th birthday and they were a hit. So happy to find the easy recipe as we always have Pamela’s pancake mix and frozen blueberries on hand. I can get about 11 full size muffins (but I think my pans are old and smaller). Making them for the 4th time this morning. Thank you!

• Reply admin January 10, 2017 at 10:57

That is wonderful to hear! So glad you loved them 🙂

• Reply Sarah March 29, 2017 at 15:41

Do you happen to know the nutrition facts on these? So good!! Really the best gluten free muffin I’ve tasted so far! Thank you!

• Reply FirstDomingo October 3, 2017 at 08:16

I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn additional cash every month because you’ve got high quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra money, search for: Mrdalekjd methods for $$$