Banana Bread has always been one of my absolute favorite things! It is also really easy to put together and smells wonderful. I will probably be posting a couple different versions of banana bread since there are many combinations that work with flours and sugars etc.
This particular recipe was found online from the skinny twinkie site. I had a TON of bananas going ripe and needed to use them, so I looked through a ton of recipes to determine which was the best. I found this one and what really set it apart was that it has no sugar additives…only bananas and honey! Not only is it Gluten Free, its also Dairy Free. Hooray! Keep in mind that because this recipe is lower in sugar its not quite as sweet as your typical banana bread. Also, the original seemed to be lacking a bit with salt (only 1/4 teaspoon didnt taste salty enough to me.) I just recently updated this to reflect my salt revision. I use coconut oil in this instead of butter. If I used salted butter I probably wouldn’t need to increase the salt amount.
Here is the recipe:
Banana Bread (no sugar additives):
- 2½ cups Brown Rice Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 6 ripe Bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup melted Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray bread pan with coconut oil spray.
- Mix rice flour, baking soda, sea salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped pecans together.
- In separate bowl, mix the eggs, mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, and melted coconut oil.
- Add banana mixture to dry mix.
- Pour batter into your bread pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.