I wanted to change things up a bit with raspberries instead of my usual gluten free blueberry muffins. So I used my recipe here and just substituted the raspberries instead. They turned out scrumptious and I love the burst of color from the raspberries. The only thing was that my raspberries seemed a little tart to me. My husband said it was fine for me, so it could have been my pallet. If you find that your raspberries are giving you a sour kick, you could try sprinkling more sugar on top of the muffins when they come out of the oven.
Here is the recipe using Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake and Baking Mix.
- 1 & ¾ cup Pamela’s Pancake Mix
- ¼ cup butter melted (or coconut oil melted)
- ½ cup + 2 TBS milk (or so delicious coconut milk, or almond milk)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix all ingredients together except blueberries.
- Gently pour and fold in the blueberries so you dont turn your batter purple.
- Spray muffin tin with pam and gently scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Fill batter almost to the top leaving a little space for rising.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. (My oven cooked these in 20-21 minutes).
- Test with a knife or toothpick to see if muffins are completely done.
- After finished, let them sit and cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Makes about 7-9 muffins depending on how you pour your batter!