SERVINGS: 12 pieces or 1-9×9 pizza crust
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKE TIME: 30 to 35 minutes
• 2 cups almond flour/meal
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 2 teaspoons cream of tartar or gf baking powder
• 2 teaspoons dried italian herb blend
• 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small diced
• 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, removed from stems and chopped
• 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt flakes for topping (optional)
• 6 eggs
• 1 tablespoon honey or natural sugar substitute (I use raw coconut sugar)
• 1/2 cup coconut oil or melted unsalted butter + 1 teaspoon
• 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds or Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder
• 1/4 cup olives, drained and chopped
**grind chia seeds with coffee grinder or in Vitamix
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare (8×8 or 9×9) baking pan or baking sheet by lining with parchment or lightly rubbing with oil.
Sift flours, cream of tartar, italian herbs, and salt into a large bowl. Add fresh chopped rosemary.
Sauté minced garlic, bell pepper and rosemary in 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter for 3 minutes. Set aside.
Beat eggs for 2 minutes with hand mixer. Add honey or sweetener. Drizzle in coconut oil or melted butter. Add ground chia seed, olives, and garlic blend. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with kosher sea salt flakes (optional). Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve warm with salami, prosciutto, (or other cold cuts), roasted red peppers, olives, etc…
If making Pizza Dough: Follow all steps above, but bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Apply sauce, cheese and other toppings. Bake for 15 more minutes.